"Енергетиката на Европа: Килиматични промени..."
CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline = Thursday 31 January 2008
Energising Europe: Climate Change, Energy Security & Europe’s Next Big Project
London, 16-17 May 2008
This UACES (University Association for Contemporary European Studies) conference will debate the progress of EU policy on energy security and climate change in the period since the European Council of 8-9 March 2007. The event will bring together a wide range of stakeholders to discuss EU action on climate change and energy security, and the often contradictory needs of these two inextricably linked policy challenges. The final aim of the conference is to shape and drive forward the debate.
The conference will be structured around five plenary sessions and a series of break-out panels to facilitate focused debates along questions such as:
- Who should be primarily responsible for combating climate change? Governments, stakeholders, citizens?
- Which policy instruments are best suited to fighting climate change and why?
- How can we secure future energy supply given current geo-political realities?
- What role for alternative energy sources and technological innovation?
- How can climate change and energy concerns be incorporated into other policy fields such as transport, agriculture or research and technology?
To inform these focused debates in the break-out panels, we would like to invite contributions addressing one of the questions above. Given the policy-oriented nature of the sessions, we welcome contributions from academics, business, NGOs, policy-makers, practitioners and any other relevant stakeholders. Individual and collective pieces which are policy oriented or presenting a broader conceptual analysis are welcomed. The contributions should be no more than 3,000 words in length including references.
An abstract of 200 words maximum, accompanied by the author(s) name, affiliation and contact details should be submitted by Thursday 31st January 2008. Please, e-mail your submissions to Nieves Pérez-Solórzano at
All proposals will be assessed by a selection committee. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by Friday 7th March 2008.
More information about the conference including provisional programme and confirmed speakers is available at www.uaces.org. This conference is co-funded by the European Commission.